“I think there’s a certain amount of fun that can be had from causing all these things and then sitting back and evil laughing in my tower at all the trouble that I’ve caused. I love the manipulation side.
“I’d like to think that I’m quite nice in real life so there’s something quite liberating about being allowed to be that horrible on screen.”
The Immortals star revealed when he first joined the show he had always wanted to become a regular character.
“When I got the audition I knew it was four or five episodes as a guest with the potential to become a regular next season,” he said.
“So I took that as if I don’t mess it all up, I’m going to be a regular. If I went in and they were like, ‘This guy is horrible, we’ve made a terrible mistake’, then they can just kill me at the end and that would have been it.
“I watched the show and I realised I’d really like to be a part of this. And now we’re getting to the end of the season I’m thinking I want to stay.”
- IGN Interview with Vampire Diaries star Joseph Morgan
- Joseph Morgan worries for the future after “The Vampire Diaries”
- Nathaniel Buzolic says Joseph Morgan is his mate
- Wetpaint Interview with Joseph Morgan – Love, Klaus, and More
- Will Klaroline hook up? Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan answers the question
- Photo: Joseph Morgan and Claire Holt…Uh…Hair Pulling
- AfterElton Interviews with Joseph Morgan, Ian Somerhalder, and Zach Roerig – Who Wants to see Klaus Naked?
- Joseph Morgan, Ian Somerhalder, and Zach Roerig Interview with Ology
- The Futon Critic Interviews with Candice Accola, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan, and Zach Roerig